Monday, June 4, 2012

Randomness

I need to find a way to fit blogging into my schedule a little bit more often...I'm a super-slacker when it comes to posting lately. Oops!

Anyways, I don't have a nice, organized, thoughtful post planned out, but here's a whole lot of randomness instead.

As I suspected, Z's mischief has gotten messier. He's learned to take his diaper off (and has peed / pooped on the floor, on several occasions). He's gotten really good at opening things with covers of any kind -- he's opened his own yogurt (then stuck his hand in it, and "decorated"); and the desitin (and smeared it on his face / neck / shirt); and a container of garlic powder (so he could stick his hand in and play around), to name a few. He loves pulling fuzz out of the rocking horse or any stuffed animal. And today, splashing in puddles wasn't good enough for him...he decided to lie down in the puddle, and drink from it like a dog. *sigh*

L has started proudly announcing "Ready, Aim, FIRE!" every time she needs to fart. I think it's hilarious, but we're trying to teach her that "Excuse me" is a bit more appropriate when we're in public.

R's birthday is coming up, and she's excited. This year we're having a smaller party at our house for her friends (and doubling the 4th of July cookout as her family party). We've got a lot of household projects that are in process, so we're scrambling to make the house / yard a bit more presentable by then. R's going to LOVE her birthday present from us (8-year old me would have been super-jealous!) - I can't wait for her to open it.

And the party...I'm trying to be cheap, but cute. And I've been on a do-it-yourself kick lately, so...*fingers crossed* I can make it awesome. I was looking on Pinterest for ideas, and R was looking over my shoulder. She got really excited about this cake, and it seems easy enough (even for me!), so I'm going to attempt it. Hopefully mine will turn out as cute as the picture!

Pinned Image
(http://pinterest.com/pin/220465344229052791/)
I need ideas for party games / activities though. I'm thinking make-your-own ice-cream-sundaes will be a good one. Then music for dancing / goofing off. But other than that, I'm stuck. Does anyone have any (cheap, fun) ideas? he party will be smaller with mostly 8-ish year old girls (with Z and L, and maybe a few cousins thrown into the mix); our house is smaller but if the weather's nice we could do something outside. Maybe a silly string battle outside! (Seriously, what kid doesn't love silly string?) But...I don't want to think about the mess we'd have to clean up afterwards. Okay, maybe that's a bad idea. Musical chairs, pin the tail on the donkey, nail-painting, some cutesy craft? I don't know. Help!

Z has an appointment with a plastic surgeon coming up to check out the cyst-like thingy on his cheek.

R's got an appointment in July for minor surgery to have the cyst on her forearm removed.

My wrist has been funky since December, and an MRI showed that I've got a cyst hiding out deep in there that's been pressing on things. So, I've got an appointment with an orthopedic doctor to get that looked into. The thought of them sticking a needle halfway through my wrist to drain it just seems...OUCH!

What is it with our family and cysts?

R's been seeing a therapist since January for some emotional issues, and I think she's been making progress.

Post-partum depression -- I'm feeling a bit better. Still slightly funky and "off", but definitely better.

Allergies -- I had allergy testing done, and turns out I'm allergic to a bunch of stuff. For foods, I'm allergic to rye, and I've got possible intolerances / sensitivities to egg, white potatoes, and nutmeg. So, I've been cutting rye out of my diet, and I've been watching how I react to the others and adjusting accordingly (for the intolerances / sensitivities, the doctor said if I notice they bother me, I should probably avoid them so I feel better, but it's not a big deal if I have them occasionally -- I know eggs bother me, so I've been cutting that out of my diet for the most part). For environmental allergies, I'm allergic to maple and oak trees, grass, weeds, dogs, and most of the molds they tested for. Good times.

Weight loss -- I'm stuck. I haven't gained any weight back, but I haven't lost any more since my last blog post. I'm down 13 pounds, and I've got 20+ to go...I need to get re-focused.

And...that's all the randomness I can think of for now. Hi and bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment