June is always a busy month, and I've gotten a bit behind on the blogging (again). Story of my life right there. Anyways, here's a little view into the June craziness.
There are a bunch of June birthdays -- my friend's birthday, my birthday, my friend's mom's birthday, R's birthday.
R's birthday party went well. The cake turned out AWESOME. Yay for Pinterest! Doesn't it look so candy-licious and yummy and just-like-the-original?

R and I (with a little "help" from L) made some party decorations, after stealing some more ideas from Pinterest. We made pennant garland type decorations and dangley-shape-stringy-things (yes, that's a technical term) with scrapbook paper, string, and hot clue. I didn't get any good pictures of the decorations, but they came out cute.
At the party, the kids loved making their own ice cream sundaes (they went very much overboard with the toppings, but...they definitely had fun), and we played a few games. R is super excited about her present from us -- tickets to see Big Time Rush in concert in August! Best. Present. Ever.
And...oh my gosh. I forgot how loud / energetic / crazy / draining a party with a bunch of sugared-up 8 year olds could be. I think next time, I'll be sure to have an extra cup (or ten) of coffee before the guests start to arrive. Or I"ll serve a lot less sugar...lol.
But...AHHHHHHHHH!!! I HAVE AN EIGHT YEAR DAUGHTER!!!! She's (ALREADY!) talking about boys. She doesn't like princesses anymore. She had her first sleepover. She already asked me the dreaded "What is sex" question (now, that was fun). She's getting so big. And I feel old.
Father's Day was great. I'm going to do a whole separate post on that sometime soon. Bike-riding, soccer-ball-kicking, strawberry-picking, roof-climbing, adorable-project-making fun. :)
And there were end-of-the-school year events and summer schedule changes. And there was typical summer fun, like slip-and-sliding, sprinkler-playing, trips to the pool, and playing at parks. Here's Z walking down the slip and slide with one of his many cute expressions --

Then there was dance - end of year awards, dress rehearsal, and the dance recital. It was Lauren's first time in the recital this year, and she did a ballet routine. She was such a ham, shaking her booty to the beat, singing along with the song louder than the other girls, and speed-spinning like an airplane instead of slow-graceful pirouettes. Rebecca had a ballet routine, and a tap routine this year, and she did great too! I was a backstage mom again this year - here are the girls backstage --



There are a bunch of June birthdays -- my friend's birthday, my birthday, my friend's mom's birthday, R's birthday.
R's birthday party went well. The cake turned out AWESOME. Yay for Pinterest! Doesn't it look so candy-licious and yummy and just-like-the-original?

R and I (with a little "help" from L) made some party decorations, after stealing some more ideas from Pinterest. We made pennant garland type decorations and dangley-shape-stringy-things (yes, that's a technical term) with scrapbook paper, string, and hot clue. I didn't get any good pictures of the decorations, but they came out cute.
At the party, the kids loved making their own ice cream sundaes (they went very much overboard with the toppings, but...they definitely had fun), and we played a few games. R is super excited about her present from us -- tickets to see Big Time Rush in concert in August! Best. Present. Ever.
And...oh my gosh. I forgot how loud / energetic / crazy / draining a party with a bunch of sugared-up 8 year olds could be. I think next time, I'll be sure to have an extra cup (or ten) of coffee before the guests start to arrive. Or I"ll serve a lot less sugar...lol.
But...AHHHHHHHHH!!! I HAVE AN EIGHT YEAR DAUGHTER!!!! She's (ALREADY!) talking about boys. She doesn't like princesses anymore. She had her first sleepover. She already asked me the dreaded "What is sex" question (now, that was fun). She's getting so big. And I feel old.
Father's Day was great. I'm going to do a whole separate post on that sometime soon. Bike-riding, soccer-ball-kicking, strawberry-picking, roof-climbing, adorable-project-making fun. :)
And there were end-of-the-school year events and summer schedule changes. And there was typical summer fun, like slip-and-sliding, sprinkler-playing, trips to the pool, and playing at parks. Here's Z walking down the slip and slide with one of his many cute expressions --

Then there was dance - end of year awards, dress rehearsal, and the dance recital. It was Lauren's first time in the recital this year, and she did a ballet routine. She was such a ham, shaking her booty to the beat, singing along with the song louder than the other girls, and speed-spinning like an airplane instead of slow-graceful pirouettes. Rebecca had a ballet routine, and a tap routine this year, and she did great too! I was a backstage mom again this year - here are the girls backstage --



And so far, July seems like it will be just as crazy as June this year!
And a special thanks to caffeine. Caffeine makes all things possible. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment