Sunday, September 2, 2012

Writer's block

Darn writer's block. There's so many things I want to write about, but when I get to a keyboard or grab a pen, nothing comes out. It's frustrating. Gah!

Life in a nutshell has been busy.

R's surgery went well (surgery was to remove a cyst from her forearm). She's got another cyst on her thigh, and she's thinking about asking to have that one surgically removed next. She just started 3rd grade, and loves her teacher. She should be getting her junior green belt in karate later this month. Yay!

L is turning 4 this month, and already started in the Pre-K room at day care. She's starting tap and ballet soon, and should be getting her tiny tigers green belt in karate later this month. Her birthday party is coming up, and it should be fun!

Z's surgery got rescheduled to last week, and it went well (his surgery was to remove a cyst from his cheek). He handled the anesthesia like a champ, and other than a little grumpiness here and there he's barely seemed to notice the incision. He's picking up new words all the time, and I love seeing his developing personality. He's got quite the throwing arm, which is great when we're playing catch with a soft squishy ball, but not so great when you unexpectedly get pegged with a baseball, potato, jar of peanut butter, remote control, etc. Ouch.

Me...I've just been way too busy and need to get more "me" time in there somewhere. Once I get my head together and get rid of this darn writer's block, I should be good.

Oh, and shameless brag -- I (FINALLY) lost two more pounds. That gets me up to 15 pounds lost so far (one more pound, then I'll officially be back where I was before I got pregnant with Z). 10 pounds after that until I'm pre-L weight, then 10 more pounds after that until I'm pre-R weight. I'm getting there. Slowly (very, very slowly...lol), but surely.

Anyways...I WILL blog more often. I WILL blog more often. I WILL blog more often...  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment