Thursday, July 19, 2012

Upcoming Surgeries, and Reminiscing

Tomorrow morning, R is having a minor surgical procedure done -- she'll be getting a skin cyst removed from her forearm, and will have a local anesthetic. She's a bit nervous, and has tons of questions for the doctor when we get there (Will there be a lot of blood? Can you make it so I don't see anything? Can you use dissolving stitches instead of the non-dissolving ones? When can I play in the chlorine-ey pool water or salty beach water again? etc).

*Fingers crossed* everything goes smoothly tomorrow, and she heals up quickly.

R made a list of fun things we can do after her appointment. The first thing on her list? "Gladly get out of the place". Hehehe. Z and L will be in day care, so R and I are planning some quality together-time after her appointment, including back-to-school shopping, lunch, and definitely some ice cream. :)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Z is also having surgery to get a cyst removed from his cheek. His was originally scheduled for next week, but the receptionist called me today to reschedule. So, he won't be having his surgery until the end of August. Since it's on his face, and he's young and not exactly"cooperative", he'll be going under general anesthesia. *Fingers crossed* he handles the surgery, the anesthesia, and the recovery like a champ.

On the bright side, at least I won't have to deal with two kids getting surgery days apart, like I thought was going to happen. That would have been rough(er)!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I was walking past one of the newer photo collages in our living room this evening while holding Z. All of a sudden, he pointed to a picture of my grandmother and smiled, like he recognized her. He pointed right to my grandmother too, not any of the other people in the picture (me, my mom, and toddler-R...four generations).  :)



I tried teaching him how to say "Great-Gramma" and "Great-Grampa", and then all the kids joined in as we looked at a few more pictures of my grandparents.




I love reminiscing. And I love that my kids "know" my grandparents, without ever "really" knowing them in person (R was 4 months old when my grandfather passed away, and two years old when my grandmother passed away; L and Z never got to meet them).

I miss them.

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything goes smoothly and you have great quality time with R!

    ReplyDelete