Sunday, January 13, 2013

Bucket List

I've been focusing on the short-term "goals" lately. Like...staying somewhat sane, being a better example for the kids, being more consistent with rules and discipline with the kids, staying focused at work, staying on top of the housework, getting enough sleep every night (or at least getting enough caffeine the next day), eating healthier, etc. But, I thought it would be fun to put together my "someday" list. I've always had things I wanted to do "someday", but I don't think I've ever written them all down. And, I realize I probably won't get to most of these until after the kids are grown and moved out, but still. Daydreaming is fun.

So...here's my "someday" list...
  • Go whale watching
  • Go on a helicopter ride
  • Go on a hot air balloon ride
  • Visit the Grand Canyon, and take either a helicopter or hot air balloon "tour"
  • Visit / hike / explore some of the somewhat local mountains / trails / caverns / gorges (the White Mountains in New Hampshire aren't "that" far away)
  • See the Northern Lights (without freezing to death)
  • Go to Hawaii
  • Go on a multi-day cruise
  • Get a nice camera (DSLR with various lenses)
  • Learn more about photography, and learn how to use a nice camera (maybe take a photography class, or learn a little at a time on my own through online tutorials / blogs / photography-skilled-friends, etc)
  • Get a nice laptop
  • Learn more about cooking (maybe take a cooking class, or learn a little at a time on my own by trying out online recipes, getting pointers from friends, etc)
  • Organize our family photos
  • Get natal charts done for me, my husband, and the kids
  • Make a scrapbook / journal / baby book / letters-from-mom / keepsake type thing for each of the kids
And, that's all I can think of for now. Yay for finally making my "someday" list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment